Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Etsy Craft Party

I was asked to participate in a fun mini pre-event at Etsy for their recapturing old photographs themed craft party. Two other NYC based sellers (Harp and Thistle and Mawusi) and myself were invited to choose a photograph which Etsy printed out on Spoonflower fabric. Then we all met up at Etsy HQ in Dumbo to work on our projects and eat snacks! You can read Etsy's blog post about it here.


The image I chose was a photograph of a neon acrylic/watercolor painting I completed for the Brooklyn Art Library's Penpal Painting Exchange. Here's the work in progress:


We took a photo together after we finished our embroidery pieces in their photo booth. Strangely it didn't work so we tried again and ended up with this amazing doubly exposed image! Couldn't have planned it better.


This was all leading up to Etsy's big Craft Party event that they held in Dumbo. I went with my friend Rob and they provided you with a vintage photograph of complete strangers, four colors of embroidery floss, and a needle. Here are the masterpieces that Rob and I made, mine is on the right.


And some closeups!


No comments:

Post a Comment